Happy Friday, everyone!
Who has big weekend plans? Strangely enough, I don’t, and I’m thrilled about the prospect of a quiet weekend, as I’ll have time to get some work done that I’ve been putting off and cook a ton of things, as well. (Y’all know that I’ve been sharing my favorite recipes at my food blog, The Speckled Palate, right? If not, I’d love for you to check it out, and let me know what you think!)
All right… So who’s ready for another round of Friday Favorites?
Let’s get this thing started…
- This video makes me want to do volunteer work with cancer survivors. (Sadly, I’m not a tattoo artist, but a photographer’s got something to give, too, right?)
- A man trapped overnight in the Las Vegas airport made good use of his time with this homemade music video. (Bonus points to it being one of my favorite Celine songs.)
- I have a serious pup crush on Maddie the Coonhound, all the gorgeous images Theron Humphrey is making of her and their adventures together.
- Today’s Photo du Jour at Feature Shoot is from National Geographic shooter Richard Nowitz of Iceland’s manmade Blue Lagoon… and it makes me want to go stick my toes in that gorgeous water.
Odds & Ends
- A little girl got more than she paid for after dropping a coin in a hat for a bassist. Check out this impressive symphonic flash mob that performed some Beethoven for unsuspecting listeners.
- I want to look at these behind-the-scenes Harry Potter images daily. They make me so happy.
- As a person with curly hair, I understand all these problems.
- The World Cup has officially started! And the NYTimes created an amazing interactive piece entitled ‘Spot the Ball.’ Go play, and tell me how you did! (I didn’t do so hot. Surprise, surprise.)
So I’ve gotta know: What are you loving this week? Be sure to leave a link in the comments section so I can check it out!