How are y’all doing? What’s been happening? And what’s new?
Tons of things on my end… but we’ll get to those a little bit later. First off, I want to share some of my favorite photography (and random!) links of the week:
- Pilgramers sounds like a new, interesting Instragram/photography-based web series. Their pilot sets the pace, and I cannot wait to see where other Instagrammers take them!
- Tom Lowe’s TimeScapes has been released, and if the trailer is any indication, it’s going to be stunning.
- A peek inside a Getty Images photographer’s bag for the Olympics. Pretty crazy, though I expected him to have a few more camera bodies, lenses and other photo-related trinkets. (Thanks for sharing, Chris!)
- London-based photographer Joel James Devlin‘s landscapes lit by natural light painting are stunning and a little eerie.
- A while back, there was quite a bit of drama concerning some Olympic portraits. Martin Schoeller’s portraits of Olympians for Time blew those — and so many other Olympian portraits I’ve seen floating around the internet — out of the water. Take a look at the Behind the Scenes action during one of the shoots.
Odds & Ends
- As everyone should know by now, I really like food and cooking. And I really want these cards for my card collection because I think they are perfect.
- I die of cuteness. Check out Ammo the Dachshund. (Lucy would KILL me if I tried to get her to sit for photos like this!)
- I know I’m a little late in posting this, but it made me really happy: NPR personalities take on “Call Me Maybe.”
Happy Friday, y’all!