Who enjoyed springing forward this past weekend? I will say, I’m enjoying it now, though staying up into the wee hours of the morning for the first part of the week was painful and unavoidable. The good thing? Lucy isn’t waking us up early now. (I expect this will last about a week before she changes her sleeping times to accommodate the extra sunshine.) And there’s more light in the day, so there’s more time for afternoon/evening runs before the sun goes down!
That being said, here are some cool things I stumbled across this week on the Internet:
- Michael Schnabel‘s alpine nightscapes are eerily beautiful and quite haunting. I wonder what he used to shoot the images.
- Jamie Swanson at the Modern Tog has put together a list of everything you need to know about timeline for businesses on Facebook.
- Seattle-based photographer Kyle Johnson‘s images from Southeast Alaska make me want to travel.
- I don’t know how I just stumbled upon this now, but Theron Humphrey’s side project, Maddie the Coonhound: A Super Serious Project About Dogs and Physics, is currently rocking my world… and it has me wondering what kinds of things Lucy would be OK standing on… even though I realize completely that she won’t stay still or stand on something as cool as a scooter or a horse.
- The Smithsonian Magazine top 50 finalists are being shown at the Big Picture. Which are your favorites?
- I’m loving these humorous portraits of a couple with many looks. Nice work, Nacho Rojo.
Odds & Ends
- I absolutely adored what this couple did to introduce their baby to the world! Not only was the music beautiful and the idea cool, but I loved the progression of it. Check out their 9-month journey of photos, including images of the little one when she arrived.
- When I read that The Adventures of Pete & Pete had a reunion in NYC last week, I squealed because I loved that show when I was little. And then I started thinking of all the shows I loved like that and wondering if there was ever a possibility for reunions with those.
- My friend, Nicole, and her friend, Jamie, released their first iPhone app this week – Paper’d. I’ve already downloaded it and can tell you it’s awesome. Check it out, y’all!
- Do you know your Hunger Name? Mine is Cup Tavistock. I was a District 9 tribute in the 61st Hunger Games and was killed by trying to escape. Wamp wamp.
- In celebration of St. Patty’s Day this weekend, check out this video about rounding up your mates for a Guinness. … I’m TOTALLY training Lucy to do that for next St. Patrick’s Day!
Happy Friday, y’all! May you have a fantastic weekend, no matter where you are or what you’re doing!