Can y’all believe that February is almost gone?
Honestly. I feel like I say this every month — and maybe it’s true — but it really feels like this year is flying by!
February brought some new experiences, including an ultramarathon relay, going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and all its festivities, as well as some creative ventures that I am beyond thrilled about.
- Crafting. I’ve truly enjoyed dreaming up new projects that I can create/do around the house to make our home even better. Next up? Some decorations for St. Patrick’s Day in the form of a unique wreath.
- My foam roller. A foam roller, you ask? Yes. It’s basically a glorified noodle — you know, the kind we used to play with in the pool as kids… and sometimes, as adults — and it helps stretch my IT band, which has been a mess since the Rouge-Orleans.
- Ingrid Michaelson’s new album, Human Again. I’ve always loved Ingrid, but I have been rocking out to this album recently. It’s added some pep to my normal editing background music.
- Mardi Gras. Yes, I know Carnival is over for the year, but was had such a fantastic time in New Orleans with friends (and our friends’ families) earlier this month that it needs to be mentioned.
- Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes. No, I haven’t read it yet, but I have loved Joy the Baker’s blog for years now, so I know this cookbook is going to be incredible!
- Designing things in Photoshop. I’ve completely reworked the page design of The Speckled Palate, and I have been tinkering with another project for fun. They both look fabulous. And I’m suddenly remembering why I wanted to be a graphic designer in the first place… before that unfortunate exacto knife accident that left me looking for another career path.
What are you loving this month?