All right, y’all. I’m changing things up, mostly because I’m tired of being a month behind and then telling y’all the things I adore after the month I’ve been loving them. (Did that make any sense? I hope it did.)
From now on, the Things I’m Loving feature will appear in the middle of the month. It makes things a lot less confusing for all of us, and gives me a goal to strive for each month.
So what am I loving this month?
- Traveling and spending time with friends and family. This month has been crazy! I have been out of town every weekend, and the trend will continue until the last weekend, when (I think) we are finally staying in Baton Rouge. It’s been a wild ride so far, but I have enjoyed seeing so many friendly faces. I am looking forward to seeing many more before month’s end!
- Getting in the holiday spirit by decorating. It should come as no surprise to y’all that I adore decorating my home, baking cookies and singing Christmas carols at the top of my lungs… starting the day after Thanksgiving. This year, Winston and I embarked on a new holiday tradition – getting a real tree! (And yes, the picture is our tree! Not too shabby for a “Starter Tree,” huh? Especially one that had to be placed on top of my sedan to be driven halfway across town to our home…)
- Cooler weather. Yes, the weather in Louisiana has fluctuated a lot this month. I’m just really happy it is no longer 90+ degrees outside daily.
- Old-timey Christmas movies. And other classic holiday movies. Some of my all-time favorites are It’s a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Christmas in Connecticut, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (this one is an old family favorite… and I can still quote certain complete scenes by heart!), Love Actually… and so many others. They’re all wonderful, and if you haven’t seen these, you should. Immediately!
- Taking goofy photos on Instagram. I know, I know. I’m behind the times. But I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this app this month and have taken numerous photos of my pup, myself and my random adventures so far. Are you on Instagram? Let’s be friends! (I’m erinparkerphoto.)
- Christmas Shopping. I enjoy finding the perfect gift for my loved ones. And I enjoy shopping. Enough said.
What are some things that you are loving this beautiful month?