It’s Friday, y’all! And this week has simply flown by! (Also, how is it the MIDDLE of the month already?! Where has this year gone?)
Today, I’ve got some favorites for y’all from all over the internet…
- TIME’s top 10 photos of 2011 is live on LightBox. Which is your favorite? And which images do you think they left out?
- 25 photos taken at the exact right moment. So many of these made me laugh, and it makes me smile that quite a few of them featured cats. (Thanks for sending this my way, Rivers.)
- There are so many gift guides for the photographers in your life out now. Check out the ones from Feature Shoot, Photoshelter (and their Gag Gift Guide for Photogs, too!) and Rock the Shot.
- Russell Monk’s neighborly portraits from Mexico are stunning, and the story behind his inspiration makes me want to go out and find that gorgeous natural light.
- Jasmine Star’s most recent Shooting Star video about the art of an interview hit the nail on the head. As someone who was an extremely socially awkward photographer at the beginning of my career, I would have found this so valuable. And as someone who is a lot less awkward than I once was, her words still ring true. What do y’all think?
- I adored the post at Photoshelter’s blog asking, “Does your website has an attitude problem?” The post definitely highlighted some things I want to start doing better in 2012…
- On National Geographic: “Simply try to be better tomorrow than you were yesterday. You are not so much in competition with others as you are with yourself…” Thank you, Bill Allard.
Odds & Ends
- We’ve all seen and loved Feminist Ryan Gosling. Now check out Handmade Ryan Gosling AND Law School Ryan Gosling. You’re welcome.
- Umm, this video is incredible. And now the song is stuck in my head. (Thanks for sharing this on FB, Ben!)
- I am hosting a Christmas Cookie Week at my food blog, and I want y’all to participate. Mosey over to The Speckled Palate to check out the details!
What are some of the best things you’ve seen on the web this week?
And what are your weekend plans?
Happy, happy weekend, y’all!