First and foremost, Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a lovely day and truly felt the blessings we all have in our lives yesterday. I also hope this Black Friday find you well, hopefully enjoying your post-Thanksgiving bliss or maybe post-Black-Friday-shopping bliss or even we’re-going-to-a-football-game-the-day-after-Thanksgiving bliss.
I’ll give you one guess of what kind of bliss I am experiencing over here today. 😉 (Hint: You only need one guess.)
With that said, here are my favorites from around the web this week…
- Brian DeFrees drove 12K miles between August and October of this year and compiled all the images into a 5-minute timelapse video of the drive. I really, really wish I had done something like this for my sister’s and my trip from Baton Rouge to Denver. It would have been fascinating.
- Ansel Adams apparently didn’t like being a commercial photographer.
- Chase Jarvis, I agree with you: “Right now, it is the most exciting time in history to be a photographer.” And all you photographers who have yet to watch this video, please do. It’s incredible.
- Alex Garcia has an inclusive (and extensive!) list of iPad apps for photojournalists.
- I have been a huge fan of Jeremy Cowart’s for years – ever since he launched his photography career, really – and I am constantly blown away by his photo projects and stories. His Voices of Reconciliation project brought me to tears… and I hope to one day have the opportunity to photograph something so compelling and powerful.
- Gift alert: The photographer in your life might appreciate a lens bracelet. Kind of like a lens mug, but a bracelet.
Odds & Ends
- I’ve been curious about Siri ever since I heard about her, and this video from CollegeHumor featuring a Siri argument made me laugh out loud. Enjoy!
- My mother sent me Sarah Kay’s TED talk from earlier this year Tuesday morning, and I was blown away with her eloquence and the way she words her thoughts. Check it out. You won’t be disappointed. And, more than likely, you’ll be inspired that you can.
What are some of your favorite things from the internet this week? If I didn’t link to them here, let me know!
And I hope y’all have a happy, happy weekend!