It’s Friday again, which means it’s time for another round of Friday favorites! (And if y’all come across anything amazing during the week, please send it my way because I’d love to share it here in this space!)
So without further ado… this week’s Friday favorites!
- Peter Hebeisen’s Famous Battlefields Now At Peace are hauntingly beautiful landscapes.
- Justin and Mary’s post on working with a wedding party for portraits is brilliant and something I needed a refresher on this week.
- Covering conflict for the first time. An interesting post from the NYT Lens Blog.
- Some fantastic reasons for all of you photographers to play with film.
- The Big Picture, as always, has hit the ball out of the park with their compilation of images from Occupy Wall Street protests around the world.
Odds & Ends
- I need these magic salt and pepper shakers in my life. They’re just SO CUTE!
- Since fall weather is finally here in Baton Rouge, I want to make all sorts of autumn desserts, like this Pear Crisp with Pecan Brown Sugar Topping. Yum-o!
- When Occupy Wall Street goes geek… Thanks for sharing, Pham!
- If we didn’t have plans for Halloween, we would FOR SURE be hosting a Harry Potter-themed dinner party. I mean, hello! This is incredible!
- Cheese or font?
- In case you’re looking for a laugh, check out Kanye’d by the Bell. Kanye lyrics + Saved by the Bell stills = WIN of a Tumblr!
- If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are 29 ways to stay creative! (Thanks for sharing, Erini!)
Last, but certainly not least, I am hosting holiday mini-sessions here in Baton Rouge, just in time for Christmas. So if you’re looking to get some beautiful portraits made of yourself, yourself and your loved ones, or of someone else, let me know. I’d love to photograph you in November!
And with that, I’m calling it a weekend.
What do y’all have going on this weekend?