This past week, I’ve been driving cross-country with my little sister to Colorado. We arrived on Tuesday (instead of our predicted time on Wednesday) because our GPS played a trick on us and sent us through Oklahoma instead of New Mexico. Long story. But we made it safe and sound and had a good time while traveling. And as you read this, I’m probably on a plane flying back toward the South.
It’s been a busy week, but it has been a lot of fun.
And without further ado, here are my Friday faves.
- If you think you might want to become a professional photographer, please read this post about portrait pricing. It’s so true and something we all should remember when building our businesses.
- The age old debate resurfaces: fancy pants gear vs. “the art of photography.” Which category do you fall into? And which category do you think I fall into? Haha.
- These Toy Stories made me smile. Thanks, Aled Lewis, for making these!
- Andrew Pinkham’s Renaissance pet portraits are kind of making my life right now.
- Photojournalist Danfung Dennis’s movie, Hell and Back Again, is raking in the awards and was shot entirely on a 5D Mark II. This is something I’d definitely want to watch in its entirety.
- The weird (and fun!) world of sports.
- This post by Erin Hearts Court on their editing process is pretty cool. It’s always fun (for me, at least) to see how other photographers do what they do.
Odds & Ends
- Artist Candy Chang has made a ‘Before I Die‘ wall on an abandoned home in her neighborhood, inviting passersby to write down what is important for them to complete before they die.
- If you’re a dark beer fan, the Abita Vanilla Doubledog in celebration of their 25th anniversary might be a fantastic (and delicious!) choice of brew.
Happy Friday, everyone!
What are some of your favorites of this week?