It’s Friday! Could we all give a sigh of relief and a fist pump of excitement (Yes, I just said that. My brain is clearly rotting...) that this week is over and that Labor Day weekend is upon us? I am excited about this long weekend, and I hope you are, too.
And since it’s Friday, here are a few favorites from around the Internets this week.
Here we go…
- Beautiful day-to-night time lapse photographs in NYC by photographer Stephen Wilkes.
- Irene hits New York. Those New Yorkers got up to some pretty interesting things while the tropical storm was a’brewing.
- When everyone these days is a photographer, what do ethics mean to those of us who work in photojournalism?
- If you want to be a member of VII, you might get your chance if you submit your portfolio in time!
- Earlier this week, a court upheld a citizen’s right to turn cameras on police activity.
- Eddie Soloway, a photo workshop instructor, talks about lighting the fire in students and getting back to photography’s essence.
Odds & Ends
- Liu Bolin paints himself to look like his surroundings. He blended into a soda aisle. Crazy!
- How journalists see each other. Hilarious because it is so true.
- I think a lot of us can relate to this drawing of how we feel when shopping at Target.
- I didn’t watch the VMAs because I feel I’m a little old for those (and don’t know half the artists today, either), but Adele’s performance? Beautiful. That girl can sing!
- There was a Pug Crawl in Portland. This solidifies my need to go visit the west and check out Oregon!
- And since it’s the first gameday weekend, I wanted to share this gem with you, featuring LSU’s head coach!
Happy weekend, friends!
And Geaux Tigers!